Calor Gas Ltd is issuing a product recall with immediate effect on all 6kg CalorLite® cylinders manufactured between 2008-2011 inclusive. All such cylinders must be returned to a local CalorLite® stockist immediately.
Upon return, the customer will be issued with a free of charge replacement 6kg CalorLite® cylinder.
CalorLite® retail outlets can be found using the ‘Find A Stockist’ facility at www.calor.co.uk/find-a-stockist. Click on the CalorLite® Stockist box and press search. Or call 0800 783 4141.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A 6KG CALORLITE® CYLINDER FOR RECALL
Cylinders manufactured in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 are covered by the recall. The date of manufacture of the cylinder can be found in two places on the cylinder base ring:
Cylinders to be recalled are 08, 09, 10, and 11.
This example shows a manufacture date of 2010 i.e. AP 10 B.
Cylinders to be recalled are 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.
This example shows a manufacture date of 2010 i.e. 2010/02
These cylinders are safe to use.
They do not need to be returned to Calor, even if the date is 2008, 2009, 2010, or 2011.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Calor issued a product recall on 16th September 2014 with immediate effect for all 6kg Calor Lite® cylinders (pictured) manufactured between 2008-2011 inclusive.
- As of 14th February 2015 over 55,000 6kg Calor Lite® cylinders have been returned to Calor.
- All returned cylinders have undergone a thorough inspection, and when confirmed as safe to use, have been returned to the supply chain.
- Calor has tested all cylinders which have been returned to date.
- Calor urges customers to return the remaining 100,000+ cylinders covered by the recall as soon as possible so that they can be tested, confirmed as safe to use and returned to the marketplace.
- Calor specialists have thoroughly investigated the issue and the cause has been identified.
- Calor is confident that the ongoing programme of inspection is identifying affected cylinders which are subsequently removed from circulation.
- There have been no reported consumer incidents to date.
- The 6kg Calor Lite® cylinder is the only cylinder that is affected by the recall.
- All 6kg Calor Lite® cylinders manufactured in 2008, 2009, 2010 or 2011 are included in the recall and must be returned to a Calor Lite® retail outlet immediately.
- 6kg Calor Lite® cylinders manufactured in 2012, 2013 or 2014 are not affected and are safe to use.
- All 6kg Calor Lite® cylinders manufactured in 2008, 2009, 2010 or 2011 must be returned to a 6kg Calor Lite® retail outlet immediately.
- Any 6kg Calor Lite® cylinder which has already been recalled, tested and confirmed as safe for use will have a small hole (5.5mm diameter) punched into the silver tare disc located on the shroud of the cylinder. These cylinders are safe to use. They do not need to be returned to Calor, even if the date is 2008, 2009, 2010, or 2011.
- There are c.800 6kg Calor Lite® retail outlets across GB participating in the product recall, including all major Calor Centres, Calor Direct sites, stockists and dealers.
- You can locate your nearest 6kg Calor Lite® retail outlet by using Calor’s ‘Find-A-Stockist’ facility at www.calor.co.uk/find-a-stockist
- The only cylinder that can be issued as a free of charge replacement is a 6kg Calor Lite®.
- Upon return of your cylinder to a 6kg Calor Lite® retail outlet, regardless of how much gas has been used, you will be issued with a full, free of charge replacement 6kg Calor Lite® cylinder. Replacement cylinders will be issued subject to stock availability.
- In the event that a replacement cylinder is unavailable you will be issued with a voucher which can be exchanged for a full, free of charge replacement 6kg Calor Lite® cylinder once stock becomes available.
- Calor is committed to the 6kg Calor Lite® cylinder market. In 2015 Calor invested in a further 12,000 new 6kg Calor Lite® cylinders and as the customers continue to return “recall” cylinder’s Calor has again invested in a further 40,000 6kg Calor Lite® cylinders for the start of the 2016 season.
- No, the replacement 6kg Calor Lite® will be issued entirely free of charge if you are returning a cylinder as part of the recall.
- If you suspect a gas leak, ring the Calor Emergency Service on 0345 7 444 999, but call 999 immediately if there is any sort of fire.
- Move the cylinder to a safe, open, well-ventilated place, away from any potential sources of ignition.
- Calor has set up a dedicated phone line for any customers who have further questions regarding the product recall. The number to call is 0800 783 4141.