If you would prefer to have the LPG tank hidden from view an underground tank is ideal. The only thing that is visible in your garden is a handy green cover that provides access to our delivery driver for when it's time to refill your tank.
Out of sight. Out of mind. We can place your tank underground for only £1500.*
LPG Tank Size: Our standard underground LPG tanks hold either 1500, 2000 or 2100 litres of LPG; with our engineers picking the most suitable for you based on a range of factors.
LPG Installation: The LPG tank installation will then be undertaken by our expert engineering team; and can be placed in most locations providing that the following guidelines are met;
- Your underground LPG tank requires a minimum trench of 600mm deep and 200mm wide. There must not be cables or services within this excavation area.
- The turret of your tank must be at least 3m away from buildings, boundaries and fixed sources of ignition. The excavation must also be 2m away from neighbouring buildings.
- Your tank cannot be sited directly underneath electrical power cables, and no services can pass through the excavation, including water pipes.
- We recommend using the excavated material, with any sharp stones removed, as backfill once your underground tank has been sited.
- Your tank must be accessible for deliveries – this requires a minimum gateway width of 2.75m, a minimum access road width of 3, safe access for our driver to get from his vehicle to the tank and direct line of sight for the driver to be able to see his vehicle whilst he is standing at the tank.
Once your LPG tank has been installed; the land above the tank may be turfed, shingled, etc; although no continuous concrete or tarmac covering can be used. The area immediately around your tank should remain clear of debris, overgrown vegetation and fixed sources of ignition such as barbecues.