Improve your carbon footprint with Europe’s first BioLPG

BioLPG

Calor is set to become the first energy company to supply BioLPG - LPG created from renewable and waste materials.

LPG is already a low-carbon fuel compared to other fossil fuels, but BioLPG will reduce carbon emissions even further, allowing energy-conscious consumers to reduce their carbon footprint.

BioLPG for Business

What is BioLPG?

BioLPG is produced from a mix of sustainably sourced renewable and waste materials. In its use, it is identical to conventional LPG, so it can be blended and used for all existing appliances and applications.

Why use BioLPG?

In the EU, the Renewable Energy Directive is driving a need for businesses to switch to sustainable energy sources to meet a target of 20% of overall consumption by 2020. Bio-LPG meets all the criteria set out in the Directive, leading the LPG market towards a greener and more sustainable future.

You may also be interested in

Switching
fuels

Discover the benefits of Calor gas over other commercial heating options

Switch business
LPG supplier

Find out how easy it is to switch to Calor gas

LPG forklift
trucks

Your full forklift truck energy solution

Transport and
logistics

Discover the benefits of Dual fuel technology and Calor Autogas

What is BioLPG made of?

BioLPG is made from a range of feed stocks. Approximately 60% are waste and residues, whilst the remaining 40% is from sustainably-sourced vegetable oils

What kind of waste and residue materials are used?

A range of different waste materials and residues from other industries are used. These include waste fat from the fish processing industry, palm fatty acid distillate, technical corn oil and tail oil.

What kind of vegetable oils are used?

Crude palm oil, camelina oil, jatropha oil, soy oil and rapeseed oil.

Is the palm oil sustainable?

Yes it is. All our palm oil suppliers are required to be members of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), which requires members to commit to respecting human rights and protecting rain forests. All suppliers undergo a strict due diligence audit and sustainability check. The sustainability check of potential suppliers covers areas such as operating practices and policies, ability to certify production, and any concerns raised by NGOs.

Does the BioLPG sold by Calor meet EU feed stock standards?

Yes it does. The European biofuel legislation requires sustainability verification, using systems approved by the European Commissions (EC). Neste Oil’s HVO-specific system was approved on 9 Jan 2014.

Can conventional LPG be replaced by BioLPG?

Yes, the chemical structure is identical to conventional LPG, so you can run all the same appliances as you would with conventional LPG.

Will BioLPG be offered to all customers?

Supplies of BioLPG will be limited initially therefore we are offering it to sectors and customers where the environmental impact will be most significant. Initially this will be large users of fork lift trucks and the automotive sector.