Using BBQs safely
At Calor our aim is to ensure our customers have a happy and safe barbecue experience, which is why we've provided some helpful safety advice for caravanners, campers and other fans of the great outdoors. Barbecuing is great fun, but BBQs have the potential to produce carbon monoxide so it's essential that you take care. Following the simple guide below will allow you to make the most of the great outdoors with your friends and family.
- Never use the BBQ in an enclosed space or inside a tent or marquee
- Don’t put combustible materials (like umbrellas) near the BBQ
- Don’t position the gas cylinder beneath the BBQ – to the side is fine
- Change cylinders and cartridges outdoors away from any source of ignition – never in a tent
- Don’t smoke or use your mobile phone when exchanging cylinders or cartridge
- Allow the BBQ to cool down outside for several hours
Take a look at our ‘Using gas BBQs Safely’ PDF, for more details on how to manage Butane, Propane and Patio gas safely.