Sticky mustard BBQ hotdog recipe
No-one can turn down a good hot dog, especially when it’s fresh off the grill on a hot summers day, so these sticky mustard hot dogs are bound to go down a treat with your guests! Generously coated in a thick sweet glaze and served in warm baguettes, this recipe will soon become your signature dish, so just make sure that you make enough to go around.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Grill time: 20 minutes
- 6 of your favourite pork sausages
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1) In a large heat-proof bowl, prepare the mixture of maple syrup and wholegrain mustard, mixing thoroughly, then cover and leave at room temperature.
2) BBQ your sausages over direct heat on your gas or charcoal BBQ, for approximately 20 minutes, turning regularly and checking that they are cooked through using a meat thermometer or skewer to see the juices run clear.
3) Once you are happy that your sausages are cooked, take them off the grill, straight into your bowl of sticky mustard dressing and toss so that they are evenly coated and glossy.
Serve your sticky mustard hot dogs in crispy french baguettes or floured hot dog buns for the children, and top with some freshly barbecued red onions or an onion relish for a tasty finish.