Crowdfunder and Calor Gas
Crowdfunding Rural Communities with Calor
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to the Crowdfunder and Calor Gas’ Rural Community Fund Campaign (to be referred to as the “Competition”). By entering into the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
- The Promoters are Crowdfunder Ltd, 11 Cliff Road, Newquay Cornwall, TR7 2NE (Crowdfunder, Crowdfunder.co.uk) and Calor Gas Ltd, (Calor Gas) Tachbrook Park, Athena House, Athena Dr, Royal Leamington Spa, Warwick CV34 6RL (“Calor”).
- To enter the Competition, entrants must meet Calor Gas’s Competition terms and conditions found at /shop/communityfund
- Calor Gas will approve entries between Tuesday 5th March (the “approval start date”) and 1st May 2019 (the “approval close date”).
- Projects that meet the application criteria of the Calor Rural Community Fund will be invited to crowdfund on Crowdfunder on the Calor Rural Community Fund project page.
- Entries approved by Crowdfunder and Calor will be eligible for available matchfunding.
- Unsuccessful applicants to the Calor Rural Community fund will not be eligible to Crowdfund on Calor’s crowdfunding page and will not be eligible for match funding.
- The Crowdfunding Competition opens at 9am on 2nd May 2019 (the “Opening Crowdfunding date”) and closes at 17.00 on 17th June 2019 (the “Closing Crowdfunding Date”)
- All Calor Rural Community fund associated crowdfunding projects will go live on the 09.00 on 2nd May 2019.
- All Calor Rural Community fund associated crowdfunding projects will close on, or before, 17.00 on the 17th June 2019.
- The promotor’s will be distributing a total of £2,000 of funds to winning entrants during the Competition.
- Twenty (20) entrants will each receive £100.
- The matchfunding will be distributed on a first come first serve basis. The first twenty (20) projects to raise £200 from at least 10 backers will receive a £100 pledge from the promoters.
- On 1st July 2019 Crowdfunder will contact the winning projects by email and/or phone to confirm the process for receiving all funds raised.
- Entrants are responsible for all expenses incurred as a result of participating in this Competition and claiming their matchfunding. This may include, but is not limited to, costs associated with the production of a promotional video, purchasing images or promoting the project.
- By joining the Competition, winners agree to be the subject of, and participate in, a case study to be published on the Promoters’ web and social channels for the purposes of promoting the Promoters’ services and/or future Competitions if the Promoters request it. By entering into the Competition you are providing your consent for this activity.
- The Promoters reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these terms and conditions at any stage but will only do so for reasons outside of their reasonable control. The Promoters will endeavour to minimize the effect of such cancellation or amendment on participants in order to avoid disappointment.
- If you have opted in to receive marketing and communications from the Promoters then by entering this Competition and providing your details you are providing your consent for the Promoters and relevant partners to use your personal information to contact you with information about products and services, special offers and rewards. From time to time, the Promoters may contact you by mail, telephone, email, other electronic messaging services (such as text, voice, sound or image messages including using automated calling systems) or fax for these purposes. If may be necessary to transfer your information to another country. If we do we will make sure that it is given the same levels of protection as needed under the UK Data Protection Act.
- By adding your project on http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk, you agree for the details of your name and your project, including supplied photos, written pitch and videos, to be made public on http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk and the Promoters’ social media.
- You confirm and warrant that no aspect of your participation in this Competition will infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
- The Promoters accept no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, incomplete or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server failures, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. All lost, damaged or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- Illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner which in the Promoters’ reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms or unfair to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Competition, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant, or the Promoters and/or any of their agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Competition at the Promoters’ sole discretion. Where such actions have significantly impaired the Competition, the Promoters may, at their sole discretion, vary the Competition as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- The Promoters, in their sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant at any stage for providing untruthful, inaccurate, misleading details and/or information and/or is otherwise in breach of these Terms.
- The Promoters accept no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, incomplete or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server failures, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. All late, lost, damaged or incomplete entries will be invalid.
- By entering the Competition, you are deemed to accept these Terms and all other terms and conditions. The Promoters may, at their sole discretion, change the dates of entry into the Competition and/or the dates on which the Competition will be promoted and the Promoters reserve the right to alter, amend or withdraw these Terms and/or the Competition without liability and without prior notice.
- These Terms are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms. For information on the winners on the Competition you can contact Crowdfunder Ltd via http://support.crowdfunder.co.uk/support/tickets/new.