Autogas filling instructions
Filling your vehicle with Autogas is simple, but it’s important for you to understand how the process works to prevent spillages or damage to either your car or to the filling nozzle. Here in the UK we have two types of filling nozzle: Gas Guard™ and De Visser™. Here you’ll find instructions on how to use both types. Before fuelling, make sure the nozzles are fitted with protective nozzle shields, and report to forecourt staff if they’re missing.
Gas Guard™ nozzle filling instructions
- Push the nozzle over the lugs on the filler valve and turn the barrel a quarter turn clockwise to lock. Do not squeeze the lever before the nozzle is connected. From here onwards keep your hands away from the nozzle barrel
- Pull the lever back and latch it into place. Ensure the lever is latched securely. Follow the instructions on the dispenser to begin dispensing
- Make sure your hands are away from the nozzle barrel. When you’ve finished fuelling, squeeze the lever back and release the latch. Release the lever fully. A small release of gas will occur as you release the lever. This is normal!
- Do not put your hands on the barrel until the gas has released. Turn the barrel anti-clockwise a quarter turn to release the nozzle from vehicle. Replace the nozzle in the holder on the dispenser
De Visser™ nozzle filling instructions
- Hold the hose behind the nozzle and the guard, keeping the lever pushed forward with the handle at the 12 o’clock position. Locate the nozzle over the lugs on the filler valve and turn the lever a quarter turn clockwise to lock
- Make sure your hands are away from the nozzle barrel. Pull the lever back towards the hose and latch into place. Make sure the lever is latched securely. Follow instructions on dispenser to commence dispensing
- Make sure your hands are away from the nozzle barrel. Hold the hose behind the guard and release the lever by pushing forward. A small release of gas will happen as you release the lever. This is normal!
- Turn the lever anti-clockwise a quarter turn to release the nozzle from your vehicle. Replace the nozzle in the holder on the dispenser
For more information about refuelling with Autogas, please read our ‘Guidelines for the safe refuelling of Autogas vehicles’ PDF.
You may also be interested in
See the financial and environmental benefits of have an Autogas fuelled vehicle
Not quite sure about Autogas? Discover how the Autogas system works
Find your local Calor gas stockist
Visit our online shop to buy gas, BBQs and much more online