Beer roasted Chicken recipe
Are you tired of the same old BBQ chicken? Try something different on your barbecue with this tasty recipe guaranteed to keep the meat really tender and juicy. The steaming beer keeps the meat moist while the high heat crisps the skin, delivering a perfect roasted chicken each time, every time. Keep things simple and serve with grilled veg, salad or warm breads.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Grill time: 18-20 minutes per pound
- 1 whole chicken 2-4 pounds
- 1 (355ml) can of beer
- Poultry seasoning
- Fresh rosemary
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) Rub the outside of the skin with poultry seasoning.
2) Lightly cover the entire chicken and grind fresh pepper & salt all over, to desired taste.
3) Place 2-3 small cloves of garlic in beer can along with 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
4) Place the beer can on the stainless steel base then place the diffuser cone with diffuser plate over the beer can.
5) Place the chicken on the assembled roaster and add vegetables, herbs and spices around the chicken.
6) Pour in a liquid to steam the vegetables and add flavour and aroma such as more beer, water, or a fruit juice.
7) Place the roaster with the chicken on the grill, keeping lid closed.
8) Cook the chicken 18-20 min. per pound, or until the breast meat has reached an internal temperature of 170ºC.
Remember: Check that the juices run clear before serving this chicken dish to ensure it’s cooked through, and bare in mind that cooking times will vary depending on the size of your chicken. Meat thermometers may also be a good idea when cooking large pieces of meat on the BBQ.
Serve with salad, fresh bread and share with friends.