Patio gas regulator guide
If you’re new to using gas bottles, knowing how to connect them can be confusing. But don’t worry; we’ve put together a handy guide to help you. In this section you’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to properly connect the 5kg & 13kg Patio gas® bottles to your appliance. We also explain how to disconnect and replace your regulator.
How to connect a Patio gas bottle
Patio gas bottles have a 27mm valve, so they should only be used with 27mm clip-on regulators. There’s no protective cap, so make sure the top of the valve is clean and free from debris. The regulator switch should start in the off position (3 o’clock position).
- Place the regulator down onto the gas bottle valve and press downwards firmly until you hear the audible ‘click’ indicating that the regulator is in place
- To turn the gas on, turn the gas on/off switch a quarter turn anticlockwise to the 'on' position (12 o’clock position)
- Always turn the swtich to the 'off' position after use
If the regulator on/off switch gets stuck when turning the supply on, this means the regulator hasn’t been connected correctly. If this happens, disconnect the regulator and reconnect it from the beginning.
How to disconnect a Patio gas bottle
When you want to disconnect the bottle
- Turn the regulator switch a quarter turn clockwise to the 'off' position
- Press the 'push' button on the lower part and lift the regulator from the valve
And that’s it! If you have any problems connecting or removing your regulator please feel free to call our technical help desk on 01926 318 497 and we’ll be happy to help with your query.